Sunday, May 4, 2014

MMM Day Four: The Possible

We spent most of today at The Possible exhibit at the Berkeley Art Museum. The museum has turned several galleries into working studios for sculptors, printmakers, dyers, weavers, musicians, performance artists. A curator told me today that Clark Kerr's original intention for the space was as an art center. The Possible has realized this intention. While we were there today I wove a little on a handmade loom, we drew on a tshirt, molded clay, danced on the rag rug, and played music. If you can, you should see it. I wish it would carry on until the museum closes later this year in anticipation of its move to a new space in 2016.

In MMM2014 news: Inspired by the visit to the museum I came home and worked on my Wiksten variation. I decided against the shirring after all and made a channel and a drawstring. At the show there was a ton of stuff that had been indigo dyed and it got me thinking about indigo dyeing this dress instead of acid dyeing. We shall see!

I wore my original Taproot Tunic today and my one of my unexpectedly favorite knit items the Lunatic Fringe scarf. It is one of the rare knits where not only did I knit it in the called-for yarn, but I had that yarn in my stash in the right amount. Sorry for the blurry, bus selfie:



No comments:

Post a Comment