Tuesday, May 6, 2014

MMM Day Five: Almost nothing to see here

I am getting this post in under the wire. I did wear another Me Made today--my first Emma Tunic. I snapped a few photos today, but they are on my camera and I don't think any of them are that good. So take a look at the linked photo and imagine that I am wearing blue tights intead of pink and you will understand today's MMM outfit.

I did get some sewing, cutting, and marking in tonight. The Wiksten dress now has a channel and a drawstring. I like the look! I have to work on the shape/length of the front and the back. I will also probably finish the edges and hem it before dyeing it. I also cut out the back pieces for Simplicity 6296:

Simplicity 6296 1980s Misses Pullover  Dress Pattern Womens Vintage Sewing Pattern Size 10 Bust 32 1/2 UNCUT
My plan is to muslin the top and figure out what I want on the bottom. I also need to figure out the neckline and I want to adjust the pattern pieces to incorporate color blocking. I also marked the muslin pieces for both the Simplicity pattern above and Vogue 8815.

Tomorrow?! Sewing together the muslins. Must sleep now. Do Me Made sleep shorts count for anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment