Tuesday, May 6, 2014

MMMay Day Six: One step forward, two steps back

Thanks to the decent muslin that I made for the Scoop Top I was able to pull off a knock around Me Made today and even document it courtesy of my kid.
 

I had the day off of work so I wasn't too concerned about wearing something where the hem is pretty off and the sleeves are unfinished. I will need to look at the hemming instructions more carefully next time and perhaps go back to Meg McElwee's Sewing with Knits for some tips.

On my way back home I visited my kryptonite, the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse. I really intended to only look at patterns and get out, but there was some nice looking fabric there that I couldn't pass up at $2/yard. I came home with this:
 
Clockwise from top left:
  • 1.25 yards of a cotton/poly blend. I am thinking about finally making a Sorbetto with this.
  • 1 yard of vibrant knit that will be perfect for another Scoop Top.
  • 3 yards wax print cloth. Call me crazy, but I am tempted to make this with the oil cloth. I have my doubts that it will work for me, but I think the garment would be amazing.
  • Kids PJ pattern for some fabric I have had for a while for this exact purpose.
  • Vintage 1960s minidress for knits pattern
  • Vintage 1970s tunic pattern
Total cost: $11.72 

I got some sewing done. I am making matching dresses for a pair of sisters who are having their joint birthday party on Saturday. It's my second round of Playday Frocks (link to the individual PDF download) from the second One Yard Wonders. It's a great, quick, and cute pattern. While the sewing was not for me, it used stash and made room for some of the loot I came home with.

No comments:

Post a Comment