I altered the pattern significantly, mostly to get the bust to fit. If I were to make this again I would definitely just go down a size or two. I also made an adjustment to minimize fabric bunching in the back (what I now think might have been a swayback adjustment). This version has two major modifications. One you can see--I changed the neckline to be rounded. The other you can't see--I raised the back as I didn't feel comfortable with the low back for a work dress.
I didn't get to my wearable version of V8815 today, but I did do some more altering of the tank dress so the rest of my sewing time today will be devote to picking out the old seam and deconstructing a thrifted top. Off to find a seam ripper!