I got to sewing as soon as I got home putting together my muslin for Vogue 8815. A few things were immediately apparent:
- I could not live with a neckline that high
- The waist was a little snug
- The straps were too wide
Not bad, but there are a few more things to correct. Next time I will:
- Bring up the straps
- Take in the extra fabric at the armhole and shorten the armscye
- Lengthen the body about 5/8ths of an inch
- Widen the waistline by another .5-1" (although this might have to wait for the redrafting).
I love the new neckline and plan to make my "real" version in Anna Maria Horner voile with a skirt length peplum. Check me out, sewing like a big girl.